I'm Laura, and I'm a pre-vet student at Skidmore College planning on majoring in Biochemistry and minoring in art history. Veterinary medicine has intrigued me since I was little but it wasn't until my Biology class in college where I saw myself pursuing medicine as a career. While I've thought about working in human medicine, I am an avid animal lover and enjoy the mystery and journey that veterinary medicine takes you through when you work on a patient who cannot talk or explain their symptoms to you. I am working as a vet tech this summer at three different hospitals and am hoping to shadow other veterinarians who have pursued other paths within veterinary medicine.

This blog incorporates the cases and patients I have seen this summer and what I have learned through the doctors and vet techs I've gotten the privilege to work with. My goal in this blog is to create discussion among people interested and curious about some of the normal, the interesting, and the peculiar aspects of veterinary medicine. So, let's get started

Friday, July 8, 2011

CBC

www.firstqualitylaboratory.com
A CBC (complete blood count) is a type of blood test that calculates the number of each cellular element, including red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, and hemoglobin within a blood sample. Doctors will want this blood test to be done to test a patient for anemia, infection, inflammation, and the healthiness of the red blood cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment